Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stars



What thoughts do the stars provoke? One of amazement, one of littleness, one of the world? I was looking out at the sky the other night while I was doing the paper route, and saw one of the most breath-taking sites I have ever seen - the stars. I got to thinking about them and night and thought about how stars only appear at night when it is dark. I started looking at just one star, and found that one star, though very powerful (powerful enough to send light to the earth from light years away) almost a tiny detail in the whole picture. One thing I found interesting, while thinking and observing the stars, was that God calls us to each be a light to the world, no matter how dark the sky may be.
You are the light of the world--like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. Mat 5:14
One other interesting thing is, if you were to take a step back and look at the world as you would a clear night sky, would you be one of the, seemingly tiny, but yet HUGE, stars?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. It's rare that we look at the stars or stop to look at anything for any length of time as a matter of fact. Good one Kev. When I look out at the stars tonight, which I actually plan to stop and look at tonight, I'll think of God's plan for my small life within the vast plan of His own.