Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ministry

Tonight, Matt began a three week series on words. He was using a passage from Jeremiah and I got reading a little bit after we ended and came across this verse.
"Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms. You are to uproot some and tear them down, to destroy and overthrow them. You are to build others up and plant them." Jer. 1:10
I got to thinking about it and this is the way I see this verse. We are called to minister to people of all kinds, different religions, races, beliefs, etc. When we minister to a person, one thing you must do is point out the contradictions in their belief system. I think this relates to the verse in the sense that, "some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow." But the awesome thing about this verse is the next part. "You are to build others up and plant them." This is the coolest part because after God has helped tear down a belief system, we have to replant them in something that will help them grow. So, I do not know that this verse is talking about literally tearing down nations and kingdoms, I believe that those kingdoms and nations are people and belief systems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have actually been reading my way through Jeremiah and this type of saying is used throoughout the entire book. not in every chapter, but at least in every other one.