Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Joy

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die
Do not let my enemies gloat, saying,
'We have defeated him!
Do not let them rejoice at my downfall.'"
-Psalm 13:3-4

Whenever we as humans screw up, it always revolves around one thing, earthly possessions sights or sounds. These are all temporary they give us pleasure for five to ten minutes, or maybe an hour or two, but they emotional high eventually dies down. This Psalm was written by David after he took Bathsheba as his wife and killed off Uriah. He was in a desperate situation in which he had screwed up in a major way, that temporary emotional high had died down and David was left completely empty inside. The thing in this verse that catches my attention is the part that says "Restore the sparkle to my eyes." This shows Davids to me how David constantly found happiness in the Lord. So even though we do stupid things we need to follow Davids lead and have the Lord "restore the sparkle to our eyes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYY KEVIN!!

Anonymous said...

This is a really great post. Keep it up Kevin!!!!!!