Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Preparation

This week I had a precal test on Tuesday, and me being me, I did not study for the test and as a result I failed the test. This morning I forgot to set my alarm and had to rush out the door with out a shower, and as a result, I looked like a train had smacked me in the face. I taught Sunday School for the middle school boys last week and it turned out alright at the best. One thing that could have made all of these events better is preparation - if I would have prepared they would have turned out better. I might have passed that precal test. I wouldnt have looked so terrible today, and my lesson would have been the best it could have been. So how do we as Christians prepare for our daily temptations? Ephesians 6:11 says:
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For those who are not completely familiar with the armor of God, it includes the belt of truth, breast plate of righteousness, shoes of peace and good news, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. If we put on this armor and use it to our advantage, no plot or attempt made by the devil can stop us. It goes on to say in verse 16 to pray and stay alert at all times. Our preparation for the temptations we face on a daily basis is right there. When we wake up in the mornings we put on the armor of God and we let God fight our battles for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the armor on, which is what we need, we can easily avoid distractions and even focus more on the tasks ahead of us. Thanx Kevin.

Anonymous said...

you are most certainly the next donald miller. :)

skylar