Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Individuality

So this week while I was at school, I had to get a serial number for something, I dont remember exactly what it was, but it was nice, I do remember that. Serial numbers give a lifeless object individuality, an example would be a computer or a television; if it is stolen, how do the police find it? They look for the serial number. So I started wondering, "Whats the difference between me and the 7 billion other people on the earth?" I know for me I first thought of things like our hair color, eye color, height, weight, all the physical aspects of life, but then I thought, "yes, all of that distinguishes us from one another one earth, but at the core, we are all still sinners who screw up all the stinking time." Romans 3:21 says,
But now God has shown us a different way of being right in his sight--not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago.

The one difference between Christians and the world around us is Christ. We are privileged. He gives us our individuality by blessing us with different gifts, maybe its teaching, or giving, or singing, or writing. He has shown us how to be right in his sight, by using our own individuality for His Glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great story Kevin. I really like this site and that you can write these blogs to inspire all of us in the Graduating class (or not really for me though, just inspiration and encouragement)
Thanks
Sean