Welcome

Thanks to Matt, we now have this much cooler way of communicating our thoughts on different subjects. So, every Thursday morning, afternoon, or evening come check out the new post!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Perform: Mistakes

So I was at a play/program thing tonight that had a variety of different performances. Everything from acting to singing to playing guitar. Sounds about like a talent show right, well I saw something in those fifteen different acts that I do not really see very often. I saw perseverance. They messed up a time or too in their skit or performance, but even though they messed up, they kept going and did something about their mess up. I think a lot of times we mess up in a big way in, and in our minds we say, "I never want to do that again!" But then two days later, we find ourselves doing that very thing. Why is that? I think Psalm 13 sums it up quite well. Psalms 13 was written by David right after he committed adultery and murder. It says:
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O Lord my God! Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me.

In verses five and six there is a tense change, it goes from present to future. "But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me." That tense change shows Davids steps to move through his adversity and persevere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha yes! the floor, right where i was standing kept creaking. it was ridiculous! (even though that really has nothing to do with this.) but i really love how you tied in psalm 13 with this. :) you're awesome.

-skylar

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best so far Kevin, but they've all been good. I really like this one because it says that we can try and fix our mistakes, but the only one who we really need to ask to help us is God
Thanks for continuing to do this Kevin
-Sean